My name is Abi Almond and I am a qualified, experienced and BACP registered counsellor working from my comfortable and quiet practice in Dulwich Village, Southeast London.
Many people find that they need help at different times in their life and find that a safe place to explore their concerns can be very beneficial and lead them to feeling that they have more choices in life than they originally thought. This is what I offer in my practice in Dulwich, Southeast London . I am a warm and approachable person and can help guide you through difficult times by providing a confidential, non-judgemental and supportive relationship, so that together we can explore the issues that are bothering you. Having someone listen attentively to you each week can be invaluable and lead to lasting change.
I am trained as an Integrative therapist, which means I tailor the techniques and theories I use to meet your unique needs. I offer both short-term solution-focused counselling and longer term, more in-depth psychotherapy. We can discuss what might be most appropriate for you when you first get in touch.
I work with adults and young people who come with a wide variety of issues and concerns and you might want to contact me if you:
• feel unhappy or unfulfilled and want to change certain things about yourself or your life
• feel empty, lonely, or isolated
• struggle with self-confidence or poor self-image
• find relationships difficult, with partners, friends, family, colleagues
• feel anxious or suffer panic attacks
• feel stuck, despairing or depressed
• have issues with your weight or your eating behaviour
• have had a bereavement, loss or trauma and need some help to get through
• are bothered by childhood memories or events that you can’t seem to shake off
• are having work or school-related difficulties
• feel stuck or that you are not living up to your potential and want more from life
Or you may not be sure what is wrong but think that talking to someone not directly connected to your life might help you work out what is bothering you.
My practice is based in Dulwich Village and is within easy reach of Herne Hill, Forest Hill, Crystal Palace, Sydenham, Brixton, Peckham and most of Southeast London.
For more information on my work, please use the links on the page. If you have any queries or would like to make an appointment, do contact me by email or telephone.